Labels

Friday, October 4, 2013

Lifestyle change...


This article came out in yesterday's paper, and while our government is saying that middle income lives in Big bungalow and owns a mercedes, this article is saying there is an increase in statistics of people who will take a loan from non official channels. This is not surprising though, the cost of living in our country is no longer as what it was before. The standards of living has increased, prices have gone up, people are wanting to live the luxury lifestyle. I am not assuming that the people who drives a mercedes and owns a big bungalow are not the ones borrowing money, but I am quite sure (being a middle income person myself) are always trying to make ends meet. We have house bills, car loans, grocceries, kids, maids, starbucks :), it is easy to max out the credit card. What would one do to cover the credit card? Take a personal loan to pay off the card. And then? use the credit card, which means one then has to pay the credit card and the personal loan. So, what are our options then? Get a job with bigger salary? Get a part time job as a coffee barrista or a data entry admin person? Do not renew maid's contract? For one, you can definitely stop buying starbucks coffee. I mean, thats what they ALL say in websites that teaches you how to "save" and not spend unnecessarily. I was one that swears by that. Until I realised my debts were still not paid. My full time job has already taken up 8-10 hrs of my day, which means getting a part time job was out of the question. I didnt think I would get out of the rut until a few months ago. I didnt realise how I have changed my life when I went under Dolly's wings. Dolly is an ex banker. She was groomed by Michelle, who was a managing director of an international advertising firm. We also have a top 3 (in the world) hair colorist in the team! Most of the people in the team are ex accountant/finance group. I have faith being 'led' by them, especially one is my best friend of 20 years. :) Make your change today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment